GCA Outreach & Giving Back
The Grapeview Community Association (GCA) has a long tradition of giving back to the greater Grapeview/North Mason County community, and we continue to honor that tradition year after year. We are proud of our community and of our wonderful volunteers - their unwavering commitment to aid those who are in need; and to support programs that strengthen our local communities, is second to none.
Through special events like the annual GCA Crab Feed and the annual Water & Art Festival, to in kind donations and volunteering, GCA is able to support a number of local interests. Over the past six years, GCA has donated in excess of $60,000, with more than half going towards scholarships for Grapeview students and the balance to a diverse group of local organizations including:
- Faith in Action/The Hub (Belfair)- provides services and social events for seniors
- Grapeview School & the Grapeview School PTA/GCA Christmas Giving Tree
- Habitat for Humanity/Brush with Kindness- a non-profit providing housing, home repairs, etc.
- North Mason Coalition of Churches & Community Backpacks for Kids and Wednesday Free Lunch
- North Mason Food Bank
- North Mason Lions/Belfair Christmas Giving Tree
- North Mason Resources- provides help with health, homelessness, job search, etc.
- NW Children¹s Outreach- provides diapers, formula, clothing, school supplies, etc.
- Senior Services for South Sound Meals on Wheels, transportation, etc.
- NCFD #3 Volunteer Fire Fighters Association
It is our privilege to give back to the surrounding communities in a way that positively impacts those who live here, and we diligently seek sponsorship of organizations which fulfill our vision of “promoting the material and social welfare of our community”. The GCA Board and Outreach Committee are always looking for suggestions and input for assessing where our resources are most needed, and how that funding can best be utilized.
Please submit any suggestions you may have to the GCA Outreach Chair, Michele Hecht at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include in your submission: the name and address of the organization; a brief statement of the organization’s mission; your name and contact information, and the name(s) of other GCA member(s) who are also involved in this organization. Decisions about recipients of GCA donations are typically made in November, although some special requests may be considered during the year.